Last Updated: January 2023.
1385673 B.C. LTD., and its corporate affiliates (referred to below as “StaffConnect”, the “Company”, “we”, or “us”) recognizes that you may be concerned about our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information. Your privacy is very important to us, and the following will inform you of the personal information that we may collect from or about you, and how we use, disclose and protect such information.
Personal information is any information that can be used to identify an individual, either alone or in combination with other information. It does not include information that is publicly available, as defined by applicable laws.
What personal information and other information do we collect?
We collect information that you provide to us directly when you:
- contact us via mail, email, or the Contact Us feature on our website or App, this includes your name, email address, province of residence, mailing address, phone number, company name, user account messaging us, email to/from information, and the content of your communications;
- sign up for our updates, news and other marketing or advertising information, including your name, contact information, year of birth, state/province and country of residence, and the content of your communications; and/or
- sign up for an account with us or provide details or documents to such an account, including:
- your name;
- your email address;
- user who accessed our system and the time and date of access;
- URL accessed;
- your username and password;
- physical address;
- contact information;
- banking and billing information (such as billed customer name and email, client ID, Stripe ID, the brand of credit card used and the last four digits of the card, account creator, invoice total, invoice sent status, paid status, currency, and due date);
- payroll information (such as user, total, status, currency, payroll raised by user, payroll timesheet items, and additional line items such as superannuation);
- expenses (relevant user, expense price, expense name, and currency of expense);
- information about your clients (including client name, client website, client phone number, and client billed-to name and address);
- Global User information inclusive of profile picture and video information (including Global user ID, the website that the photo or video is utilized on, profile photo or video ID, first and last name, email address, encrypted password, phone number, address, gender, date of birth, latitude and longitude, the last date of login, and time-zone information);
- User information such as certifications, physical attributes, and payrates entered into account profiles, along with any provided IDs (inclusive of the type and number of the provided ID);
- Organizational information;
- file information for files uploaded (such as file name, file extension type, user ID that the file is related to, file type, applicable shift that the file is related to);
- the file name and customer URL of document migrations;
- location information regarding any individual, entity, or event which is provided to our website or App;
- other data or information you provide which may not be hereto categorically listed.
- billing payment logs (such as customer ID, date and time of billing, Stripe invoice information, total amount paid, and currency paid in);
- data collected by billing processors or other data processing services which enable functionality of the service (including API information, previous payment details, payment card details, and IT tenants);
- website domain information (such as the URL, website ID, and customer ID for data collected via cookies);
- user device information (including user ID, client ID on website or App, and the Firebase device token, which is an encrypted authorization token via Google Firebase FCM SDK and cannot be traced back to the user device.
Why do we collect personal information and how is it used?
We collect personal information to facilitate the use of our website, App, software and related services.
- We may also collect information for the purposes of improving our understanding of our clients, their needs, and how we can evolve our business accordingly.
Is your personal information shared or disclosed?
Personal information provided to us is never sold or rented to other organizations.
- We may use certain third party service providers who may have access to the information we collect.
- We may also disclose or share personal information for fraud prevention, and other permitted disclosures under applicable law.
How do we protect personal information?
We have implemented safeguards to protect personal information under our control, and we review our practices to ensure they align with reasonable practices appropriate to the level of sensitivity of the information, in order to safeguard personal information against loss or theft, unauthorized access, alteration or disclosure.
What are the risks?
Although we take steps to safeguard the personal information under our control, “perfect security” does not exist. In particular, we cannot guarantee the security of information communicated to us through our website, App, or via email. It is possible that third parties may unlawfully intercept or access such information.
What are your choices?
You may request access to and review of your personal information in our possession, subject to certain limitations.
- You may also request that we change or delete your personal information in our possession. We will always work hard to comply with such requests, subject to certain limitations.
- You may withdraw your consent to our use of your personal information at any time provided you also cease using our services (via website, App, or any other means) at the same time.
What else should you know?
- We may use cloud services provided by third party service providers to store the personal information that we collect, and other service providers outside Canada. This means that your information may be transferred to, or stored in, another country and accessible to foreign courts, law enforcement and national security authorities.
- You can contact us with questions, complaints or for to access your personal information.
Personal information is any information that directly or indirectly identifies you. It does not include information that is publicly available, as defined by applicable laws. This Policy describes our practices with respect to how we may collect, use, disclose, retain, dispose and otherwise process (collectively, “process”) and how you may correct, update and access your personal information that you provide as a user of the services known and offered as “StaffConnect”.
Our services may contain links to other apps, websites or Internet resources which are provided solely for your convenience and information. When you click on one of those links, you are contacting another Internet resource. We have no responsibility or liability for, or control over, those other Internet resources or their collection, use and disclosure of your personal information. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of those other Internet resources to learn how they collect and use your personal information.
If you do not consent to the processing of your personal information in accordance with this Policy, please do not access or continue to use the service, so not agree to our Terms of Service agreement, and do not otherwise provide any personal information to us.
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
1. Information You Voluntarily Provide to Us
For the purposes of this Policy, “personal information” means any identifiable information about an individual, including but not limited to an individual’s name, home address, telephone number, social insurance number, gender, income and family status, except any other information otherwise exempted by the applicable laws of Canada and other jurisdictions. For example, in Canada, personal information does not include any business contact information that is processed solely to communicate with that person about his or her employment or profession.
When you use our Services, we may collect the following personal information from you:
- demographic information such as gender, age, marital status, and location of organization (city/province or state/country);
- contact information such as name, email address, mailing address, and phone number;
- billing information as appropriate, such as credit card number and billing address;
- banking information for direct deposit purposes;
- unique identifiers such as profile photo and/or video, username, account number, and password;
- employment history information such as name of employer, occupation, and location of employment; and
- technical information such as authentication information, device MAC address information, device and mobile phone IP address information, and browser and log information.
Your personal information may be collected when:
- you contact us via mail, email, or the Contact Us feature on our website or App;
- you sign up for our updates, news and other marketing or advertising information;
- you sign up for an account with us and input information to populate your account;
- you connect with us through social media;
- we collect cookies and other tracking information through your use of the services on our website and App; and
- we collect data from third parties or publicly available sources.
We only collect personal information that we need. We encourage you to not provide us with any personal information beyond what is necessary and as requested by us.
2. Website and App User Information
Our website and App may use “cookies” and similar technologies like single-pixel GIFs and web beacons. A “cookie” is a text file that is sent to your computer or device and from your computer each time you use the site. Cookies can track how and when you use the App or site, and which site you visited immediately before. A cookie does not damage your system and identifies your browser, not you personally.
If you do not wish to receive cookies, you may be able to disable them. Although this may provide you with enhanced anonymity, it may affect the functioning of our services on our website or App.
To the extent that our services contain links to other apps or sites, the owners of those sites are responsible for the privacy practices or content of those other sites. We do not endorse and are not responsible in any way for the privacy practices on third party websites.
Why Do We Collect Personal Information and How Is It Used?
1. Purposes for Collecting Personal Information
We may process your personal information for the following purposes (the “Purposes”):
- to verify and authenticate your identity;
- to connect with us through social media;
- to allow us to use the services of third party services such as:
- Twitter Ads
- Google Ads
- Google Maps and Location Services
- Google Analytics 4 / Google Analytics – Universal Analytics
- Meta Ads
- LinkedIn Ads
- Microsoft Ads
- Firebase Cloud Messenger
- Microsoft Clarity
- Other third party services which may be retained by us
- to ensure that our services, both via website and App, are optimized for your use and benefit;
- to operate and maintain the features and functionality of our services;
- to communicate with you to provide you services, contacts, materials and/or recommendations for your needs as identified by you through phone, email, or the App, with your consent pursuant to our CASL Policy;
- to notify you of any updates in relation to in our Terms of Service [https://www.staffconnect-app.com/terms-and-conditions];
- to process payments in relation to your subscription to the services (in accordance with our Terms of Service);
- to comply with internal policies and procedures and other legal, accounting, or security requirements;
- to share your personal information with our employees, contractors, consultants and other third party service providers such as web hosting providers, advertising agencies, payment processors or customer service agencies (“Third Party Processors”) who require this information to assist us with establishing, maintaining and managing our relationship with you and optimizing and providing our services or your use and benefit of those services. Please note that we may change or add Third Party Processors at any time, in our sole discretion, either in Canada or elsewhere. We encourage you to reference this Policy from time-to-time, to obtain updated information. Given the nature of cloud services, personal information may be stored outside Canada, anywhere in the world, and may be accessible to foreign courts, law enforcement and national security authorities in the jurisdiction(s) where it is transferred or stored.
We will only process your personal information for the Purposes for which we intend to process such information. Otherwise, we will not process your personal information without your consent.
2. Business Transactions
We may be involved, from time to time, in transactions to sell all or part of our business or assets or merge with other businesses. Certain information may be relevant to such transactions, in which case we may disclose this information to other parties involved in the transaction. In such cases, the information that is shared is limited to what is necessary to accomplish the transaction, and we take appropriate steps to protect the information from improper use or disclosure. Upon completion of the transaction, your information may be transferred to the purchaser, to be used in the same manner that it was used by StaffConnect.
3. Legal Requirements
There are circumstances where we may collect, use or disclose personal information without notice or consent when required by law or lawful authority. For example, from time to time, we may be compelled by legal action to release information (e.g., statutory reporting obligation, search warrant, court order, bankruptcy or insolvency proceedings etc.). In certain circumstances, we may also be permitted by law to collect, use or disclose information without the consent of the individual concerned. For example, we may disclose personal information without consent to investigate a potential breach of law or contract, to collect on a debt, or in certain emergency situations that threaten the life, health or security of an individual.
Is Your Personal Information Shared or Disclosed?
Your personal information may be accessed by or disclosed to employees of StaffConnect who have a need to know such information. Such employees may include marketing staff, managers, legal advisors, and subject matter experts who are knowledgeable on matters related to an enquiry.
We may disclose your personal information for the Purposes as described in this Policy in the following ways:
- to our employees and contractors;
- to our business partners;
- to our service providers including but not limited to online hosting providers, advertising agencies, payment processors and customer service agencies; and
- to law enforcement, government or regulatory bodies, or other lawful authorities.
Your personal information that we collect may be processed outside of Canada. As a result, your personal information may be accessible to law enforcement and regulatory authorities in accordance with other jurisdictions’ applicable laws.
How Do We Protect Personal Information?
We protect personal information that you provide to us by limiting access to employees with a need to know the information, and selecting service providers that implement appropriate protections to safeguard the confidentiality and security of the information that they process on our behalf.
1. Security of Personal Information
The security of your personal information is important to us. We protect personal information using physical, technological and organizational safeguards. We undertake reviews of our practices to ensure they align with reasonable industry practices appropriate to the level of sensitivity to safeguard personal information against loss or theft, unauthorized access, alteration or disclosure.
Although we take the steps outlined in this Policy to safeguard the personal information under our control, “perfect security” does not exist. As such, despite our safeguards and protocols, we cannot fully guarantee the security of your personal information and you should always exercise caution when disclosing personal information over the Internet. In particular, without limitation, we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted to us via email. It is possible that third parties may unlawfully intercept or access such information. If you think someone is impersonating StaffConnect, that there has been a breach of your privacy, or you believe that you are the victim of fraud, please contact us as soon as possible.
2. Requests for Access to and Correction of Personal Information
Applicable privacy laws allow, to varying degrees, individuals the right to access and/or request the correction of errors or omissions in his or her personal information that is in our custody or under our control. You may request access to and review of your personal information in our possession. However, access may be declined where permitted or required by applicable law.
You may request that we change or delete your personal information in our possession. We reserve the right not to change any personal information if we do not agree that it is inaccurate or outdated, but will append any alternative text the individual concerned believes appropriate.
If access cannot be provided, we will notify the individual making the request within 60 days, in writing, of the reasons for the refusal.
3. CASL Policy
We are committed to compliance with Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (“CASL”). Any electronic communication we send to outside parties is protected by a range of business procedures, processes and policies to ensure that such communication is done in compliance with CASL. In our electronic communications with outside parties, we comply with the rules established by CASL and enforced by various Canadian authorities, including the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission. CASL regulates, and our policies generally apply to, each commercial electronic message (“CEM”) that we send. A CEM is an electronic message sent to an electronic address that, among its purposes, encourages participation in a commercial activity.
In addition to adopting and updating this Policy, we undertake various transparency initiatives to ensure we comply with CASL, which include:
- Consent—We do not send you CEMs without your consent. This consent typically must be “express” (expressly acknowledged by you), but in certain circumstances can be “implied” or specifically exempt from consent requirements. We modified or adopted our sign-up, registration and consent forms in order to ensure that your consent is meaningful (i.e. informed and freely given) as per CASL.
- Content—We adopted processes to ensure that our CEMs contain the following requirements prescribed under CASL, which may or may not be in the footer of the CEM. We will:
- identify ourselves as the party sending the CEM, and whether we are sending the message on our own behalf or on behalf of someone else;
- provide you with our contact information; and
- set out a clear, working unsubscribe mechanism or preference centre that is easy to use, automatic, and at no cost to you (other than your own cost of connecting to the Internet).
- Clarity—We ensured that each aspect of a CEM, including its header, content, or any links or URLs in the CEM) conveys the appropriate information, whether viewed individually or taken as a whole, so that you always know what you are clicking on.
If you receive a CEM from us but believe that you should not have or no longer wish to receive CEMs, we will aim to respect your preferences in a timely manner once you update them through our unsubscribe mechanism. CASL requires us to process unsubscribe requests within ten (10) business days. If you have any questions or concerns about our unsubscribe options, you may contact us at (email@example.com).
Retention of Personal Information
We generally keep personal information for only as long as it is needed to accomplish the purposes for which it was collected, unless we are permitted by law to retain the information longer for a legal or business purpose.
You can contact us at any time, for reasons such as:
- to access, correct or update your personal information;
- to ask questions or express concerns about this Policy or any other matter related to the Company’s collection, use, protection or disclosure of your personal information;
- to obtain written information about our policies and practices with respect to service providers outside Canada, or to ask questions about the collection, use, disclosure or storage of personal information by our service providers outside Canada; or
- to withdraw consent to continued use and disclosure of personal information.
You can contact us by email at [firstname.lastname@example.org], or by mail sent to:
1385673 B.C. LTD.,
- 1055 WEST GEORGIA STREET
- 1500 ROYAL CENTRE
- PO BOX 11117
- VANCOUVER BC V6E 4N7
This Policy was last updated in January 2023. We will occasionally update this Policy and revise the “last updated” date appearing in this paragraph.
We will generally notify individuals with whom we have a relationship of material changes to this Policy, which involve new or revised uses or disclosure of their personal information that may not be reasonably expected by them at the time that they provide personal information to us. However, we encourage you to review this Policy from time-to-time, in order to check for updates and refresh your understanding of our personal information handling policies and practices. This Policy is an essential element of our Terms of Service agreement, and as such all clients must consent to the provisions of this Policy in order to agree with StaffConnect’s Terms of Service. Please note that certified agreement with our Terms of Service agreement warranties to the Company that you have read, understand, and consent to the terms of this Policy.