There are many aspects to consider when hiring event staff. The interview process with event staff is not just about finding the best candidate for the job. It’s equally about finding someone who will fit into your company culture.
It is important to have a list of questions that you feel are most pertinent when you are interviewing an event staff member.
This article has compiled some of the most common questions you should be asking when hiring event staff.
Answering these questions will give you a better insight into whether or not they are right for your event company culture and what they bring to the table.
The event industry is booming. In the UK alone it's estimated to be worth over £5bn a year. As such, there has been a surge in demand for event staff - from entry-level positions all the way up to high-end directors.
Despite this, many businesses struggle with finding and hiring the right people for their events.
In order to make this process as smooth as possible, we've compiled our top five interview questions you should be asking when hiring for your next event staff member:
Hiring event staff is a task that can be overwhelming and difficult. Often, there are a lot of applicants for any given event staffing position. This can lead to a lot of time wasted just going through the applications and finding the best ones - which means less time to focus on other tasks. However, there are some ways to save time and reduce the workload associated with hiring event staff.
In order to hire the most qualified candidates as quickly as possible, it is important to have a well-defined job description. This will allow you to be more selective when you review applications so you don't waste time with people who don't meet your qualifications or who don't want the job in question. It also allows you to make sure that you are not missing any relevant skillsets.
When hiring event staff, it is important to know what to look for in order to get the perfect candidate.
In order to hire event staff, all you need is a resume. But if you want to hire the best candidate for the job, an interview is a must!
- Check for availability. Ask them if they can work on a specific day and time.
- Get more information about the applicant's availability before scheduling anything.
- See if they're available to work as much as possible as it will give you more options when it comes to choosing who will fill your position.
Before you hire event staff, make sure you ask these list of five questions that should be asked during an interview with event staffing candidates.
1. What is your experience with events?
2. What type of event staffing have you done before?
3. What is the last event you staffed?
4. Has anyone ever complained about your service at a previous event?
5. How would your family and friends describe your personality and work style?
6. What has been one of the most challenging events that you have staffed and how did you overcome it?
7. Why should I hire you for this position?
8. Are you available for a trial day/shift with us to see if it's a good fit for you and our company?
9. What do you like about working events?
10. What is your favorite event and why?
- After conducting an interview, it's important to be sure that you have found someone who will uphold company values and align with company culture.
- When talking with them at the end of an interview, be sure to thank them for their time.
You will need to figure out whether or not someone has the necessary experience to work at your event.
Other important questions could be, “Do you have any allergies?” Some food venues may have specific requirements for their staff members who are sensitive to certain foods. It’s important that you know this before hiring so that they can be accommodated accordingly.
One of the first things you should ask a candidate is whether they have reliable transportation, to ensure that they will be able to show up on time for their shift.
This will be critical in making sure the candidate can show up for their shift in a timely manner. You want to avoid hiring a candidate that has to rely on a friend or family member to get to thie event destination. This Question could save you a potential headache from any cancellation or no shows.
The most important thing to remember about hiring event staff is that they are there to provide excellent service and produce the results you want. Interviewing event staff is a great way to figure out if they will be right for the job.
Staff Connect can provide your agency with the software to ask all of these questions in your Onboarding of new staff and reduce workload in your interview process.
Building a Talent Database of staff is not only more automated with out software, but we implement an AI Matching Engine to highlight the best staff in your talent pool to work an event based on location, custom filters and ratings they have had from previous events.
Sign up to Staff Connect Today!